Followers

Monday, March 26, 2012

My Fan

How nice is this email?  I have a fan.


______________________________



Hi Linda,


You don't know me - but I'm a fan of yours....  Yesterday, S shared your "new blog venture" with us, and I'm in ah of your adventuresome spirit.  I have a friend, a mutual cancer lady, who is using a blog to share her journey as well.  Maybe I'll try it too someday - time will tell.


I found your message to be interesting, positive - and of course a bit unnerving.  You and S must have that positive outlook in common ~ she always finds the sun-beam, no matter how small that beam may be.  I have a label for cancer;  The Great Cheater. . .It cheats us from being the people we have aspired to be and makes us walk a path of great uncertainty and pain.    I too am walking the cancer trail, so have some knowledge of "from where you speak".  In 2005 I was diagnosed with AML Leukemia and eventually went to Seattle for a  stem-cell transplant from one of my brothers.  The transplant worked well, as I have not had a re-occurrence of cancer since that time.  My immune system is severely depressed with medications etc., but I have been blessed with relatively good health for six years. I'm not supposed to really be in the sun or exposed to "dirt stuff", but that is "my thing" - playing in my flowers and vegetable gardens.  (Not to mention the weeds that need to be eradicated.  )  Living in Spokane, WA. makes for a fairly short season, so I'm tickled that spring actually seems to be heading our way in earnest.   That is my joy, trying to encourage the plants while seeing the beauty of God's hand in nature.


I will not keep you any longer, but wanted to encourage you during a most uncertain time.  If you would like to communicate with email messages - I would be honored.  Please know that you are not alone in this difficult journey.  God's speed!


Always, Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment