Followers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Me and Mary Loff

This photo is from the "Return of the Red Buses" to Glacier National Park on June 6, 2002 at the Glacier Park Lodge, East Glacier, Montana.  What started out as a beautiful June weekend in Montana ended up with a snow storm coming through, electricity going out at the hotel and lots of fun!  I'm wearing my stylish long sleeve, mock turtleneck, size 2XL t-shirt provided by the Ford Motor Company who was sponsoring the event.  Yes, I said size 2XL!  It was at least about 4 sizes too large for me, but the only one left!  It's been a nightshirt for me for the past 10 years. Can't believe it's been that long.


Sunday, March 25, 2012
All kinds of subject matter come to mind for me to write on my own personal blog.  Life stories from some of my travels, and I have had some good travel experiences in my life.  So proud of myself for not putting those trips off with excuses about waiting until I retired from work (there will always be time) or had the money (I had the money then) or whatever other reason I hear people put of things they want to do in their lives.  Mostly if I wanted to do something, I did it. My friends Mary Loff and Jenny Hansen will remember a trip we took that included staying in the Lodge right at the end of the season in September of errr... 1986?  It was so quiet and we were so far from the main part of the Lodge we felt like we couldn't help but compare it to a scene from the "The Shining"
Life stories from my work.  Very sporadically I used to write down incidents that happened while I worked as a police/fire/911 dispatcher.  So much of it would be kind of depressing, even the funny stories could carry a layer of anxiety with them so I was never very good about keeping a regular journal and rely mostly only on my memory.  A memory, by the way, that is getting more and more shaky by the day.
Life stories from the places I have lived.  Those I have already started on paper.  I listed all the addresses I have lived at in a journal and started to write about each one.  It has turned out to be more about the lives of the pets that lived with me in those places.  Great memories of the unconditional love from my pets.  I’m typing this on my little laptop computer as my cat slowly crawls her way between my hands, making me adjust but still able to type with her and the laptop on my lap at once.   730 Anderson may turn out to be where I lived through the last days of life with my older cat, Timshel,  and the loving days after that with Ping.  If it looks like I will have the money, I’m thinking of setting up a bank account to fund care for Ping for whoever gets to adopt her after I’m not able to care for her any longer.  I know, silly,  on some levels and to some people, but it might make me feel better and think that she has a little advantage. Do you know, she is four years old and I have not ever heard her hiss once. Yet. I supposed it could still happen. 
How about stories about my health care adventure?  They start way back from the time I was with an HMO in 1986, when I was 28 years old, and had the unexplained pericarditis.  In retrospect, that HMO did a great job at the time.  The health care issue probably isn't a good topic to get into right now!  Okay enough for today. 









No comments:

Post a Comment