Followers

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dilaudid - I like it. Making up my mind about the Procedure

Does the title tell it all?  Dilaudid, also known as Hydromorphone and a long list of other names is my new favorite drug.  I saw Dr Mones, the pain doc, yesterday and he changed things up on me so it's brand new to my system right now.  Boy, does it have me feeling good though! I think I'm a little high and that makes me chuckle.  (well of course it does if I'm a little high )
And the pain in my back, hip and leg are much much better, I suppose I should mention that part.  :)

Joyce and Dave went to New Mexico this week for vacation, so one of my other sisters, Sherry, came to babysit...errr...I mean help take care of me.  It is so nice to have family ready and willing to help me out.  Sherry and I even got to make a trip to Vancouver, Washington to see some of our 'new' family.  Uncle, Aunt and a couple of the cousins we knew nothing about until less than two years ago.  So much fun now learning about each other and finding our connection.

Sherry and I had fun decorating Easter eggs and we got to do a little shopping. There was also the seemingly endless stream of doctor appointments, and Sherry has had the opportunity to meet my doctors and hear from them directly.  I think she has appreciated that part. 

After talking with pain doc and cancer doc this week, I have come to the conclusion there is no reason not to go ahead and do the vertrebroplasty procedure.  Basically letting the blood transfusion chips fall where they may.  Well okay, the plan is for me to see the Nurse Practitioner at the Cancer Center every two weeks for a blood draw and then orders for a transfusion if needed from there.  Now that I have decided to go forward with it there will be a time delay because Doogie, the back doc, neurosurgeon is taking his vacation next week! So not quite sure when this back procedure will procede.

Trying to keep this blog post shorter than the rest so logging off now!  Ugh..that and the Dilaudid dose doesn't really last for long so it may be time for more.
Thank you again for your support. 




No comments:

Post a Comment